"Spending fifteen minutes thinking about what you are going to do before you start will save four hours of wasted time later on. Any individual who has thought through her workday, set priorities, and organized the days’ tasks is likely to accomplish far more than someone who randomly moves through the day." (James W. Botkin)

People who have a tendency to mindlessly start a task without planning things ahead are doomed to fail, whereas people who draw out the bigger picture before starting anything are likely to succeed. Lincoln once said “If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe.”

- those who follow these words will be closer to success. A small difference in routine can determine success or failure. 

"98 percint of the day I'm positive. The other 2 percent of the time I work on being positive." (Rick Pitino)

Unlike machines, humans are easily swayed by emotions. A leader must inspire a positive attitude, display confidence and maintain optimism especially when the entire group is worn and weary. He must become a beacon of strength, like "an oasis in the desert" in boost morale. 

"No pessimist ever discovered the secret of the stars or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." (Helen Keller)

Pessimists who constantly complain cannot make anything of themselves; their peers will eventually start to leave them, because no one wants to work for a malcontent. Passion, optimism as well as negativity and cynicism have one thing in common- they are all contagious. A leader must display a positive, passionate attitude which is contagious enough to “inspire the entire group.” 

"There are two kinds of people in the world: those who make excuses and those who get results. An excuse person will find any excuse for why a job was not done, and a results person will find any reason why it can be done. Be a creator, not a reactor." (Alan Cohen)

There are people who, instead of looking for solutions, first try to look for the reasons why something does not work. The same people also look for excuses for not being able to solve a problem. On the other hand, there are people who believe nothing is impossible and will always find a way to solve the problem at hand. Eventually, the people who believe it can be done will get the job done, and the people who do not believe won’t. Everything depends on how one sees it. 

“People are always blaming circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them.” (George Bernard Shaw)

When one starts to blame their surroundings or community, they lose confidence, begin to feel less significant, and will increase their chance of failing. Successful entrepreneurs will often attribute their success to external factors or luck, while blaming themselves for any shortcomings. An era of “creative circumstantial management” is needed, where one must not succumb to difficult circumstances; but adapt and make the most out of the situation they’re in. 

“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. The only ones among you who will be really happy are those who will have sought and found how to serve.” (Albert Schweitzer)

Happiness is found when we try to make others happy. The truly happy people are those who find ways to improve the lives of others. One earns the right to be happy when they share their joy and success with others. 

“You have it easily in your power to increase the sum total of this world's happiness now. How? By simply giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely or discouraged. Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime.” (Dale Carnegie)

Changing this world and trying to win over the hearts of other people may not be as daunting and difficult as it seems. Making a little effort in showing concern and respect for others can make the world a better, happier place to live. 

“I have yet to find the man, however exalted his station, who did not do better work and put forth greater effort under a spirit of approval than under a spirit of criticism.” (Charles Schwab)

Praise is an elixir for the ears, a lubricant for relationships, and a cure for hurt feelings. There is no leadership tool as effective as praise- it allows life to be a ball. However, it is a tool that is often overlooked.